Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mini Mexican Corn Muffins


Tonight is leftover night. Specifically, leftover vegetarian chili with brown rice. These mini jalapeno/cheddar muffins were easy to make and should go over well with my family. This recipe came from Cooks.com.

Mexican Cornbread

  • 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread muffin mix
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 can creamed corn 
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped jalapeno pepper
Fix Jiffy mix according to package directions. Add remaining ingredients. Mix. Pour into greased and floured 13X9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees until center is firm. About 20 minutes.



I used a mini muffin pan because I like how cute they look when they are done! I also omitted the creamed corn...I do not like pieces of corn in a muffin, but go for it, if you do! I did not measure the onions/jalapenos.

These muffins are NOT gluten free since there is wheat flour in the Jiffy cornbread mixes. It would be pretty easy to make this recipe gf.

No comments:

Post a Comment