Friday, August 5, 2011

Random photos of our backyard birds


female hummer having her breakfast
The weather this morning was reminiscent of fall. Warm and sunny, with cool breezes. There was plenty of activity at the feeders and I sat memorized with my camera for far too long....just when I convinced myself to get up and tackle some housework, another bird would fly into my view.....

At one point, I was standing next to the hummingbird feeder, but the courageous creature ignored me, maintaining her focus on other hummers. I could have reached out and touched her.



A female cardinal spent a few minutes bathing in the pond waterfall. She watched me and our cat, Morris, but didn't seem too worried.



I have seen a lot of goldfinches recently, snacking on the purple coneflower seeds in the front yard. This pair seemed happy to stop by the feeder this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment