Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summertime Comfort Food~Shrimp Salad

Shrimp Salad

This recipe goes over well with my family. It can be spread on sandwiches, stuffed in tomatoes, or just eaten as is. To me it is the perfect summer "comfort food"!


Ingredients:

1/2 lb cooked small- medium sized shrimp
1 celery stalk, chopped finely
2 scallions, diced
small amount chopped green pepper
1/2 package Old Bay Seasoning
1/3 cup mayo (add more if needed)
3-4 fresh basil leaves, cut
fresh ground pepper to taste


Directions:


Combine all ingredients except shrimp and basil and mix well.
Add shrimp and toss.
Add fresh basil and chill for a few hours in fridge.


Tip:


I bought raw shrimp, seasoned them with salt and pepper and garlic powder. 
I sauteed them in butter/oil in skillet until cooked.
After they cooled, I peeled and deveined them,  and cut them in thirds, since mine were large shrimp.




shrimp after cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment