Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wine Slushies~ Straw or Spoon?


Brace yourself. This drink is awesome. It will be your new "go to" adult beverage.
And, it is simple to make, but you do have to wait for it to freeze. That is really the hardest part of this recipe.

I googled wine slushies when my friend, Judi, told me about how good they were. There seemed to be a few ways to make them, some as easy as buying a pre-made mix and some more time consuming, making a simple syrup etc.

I found this very easy recipe from the Chatham Hill Winery website. They have several recipes but I chose this one made with white wine since we were having fish. I mixed a pitcher up in my blender the night before, placed it in the freezer overnight and it was perfect the next morning! Serve in a margarita or martini glass. Straw or spoon, your choice!

Frozen Wine Slush
"Zingy"


1 bottle Pinot Grigio or Riesling
1 can frozen limeade
1 cup cranberry juice


Add wine, fruit juice, or fresh fruit to blender and blend until smooth, and freeze. The alcohol will prevent the mixture from becoming solid ice. 


Tip:
Our standard size blender could not hold the full bottle of wine, so I made the slushies in 2 separate batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment