Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pure Tacos!

Ocean City, New Jersey

We are back from our week long vacation to the beach. Ocean City, New Jersey, to be specific. We have been going there for years, always stay at The Osborne Inn on 15th street, and the kids have fond memories of the sand, surf and boardwalk treats!

The Osborne Inn

Ocean City NJ  boardwalk

 Unfortunately, most of the tempting foods on the boardwalk are not gluten free or may be cross-contaminated, so I was thrilled to discover Pure Tacos!  Before we left for our trip, my husband researched my gluten-free dining options and discovered this gem.

Pure Tacos

Pure Tacos , is a completely gluten-free Mexican restaurant, featuring natural ingredients. They serve tacos, nachos and salads with a variety of meats, poultry, fish and beans. My whole gluten eating family enjoyed it and my brother, who feels better eating gf, ate there 3 times in 3 days! I ate the fish tacos twice, and also had the chicken. They serve tacos, nachos and salads with a choice of 3 toppings varying in spiciness. I had both the mild Tomato-Chipotle and the medium, Cilantro-Tomatillo and they also offer Habanero-Peach, for the bravest of tastebuds. They make their own tortilla chips that were crispy with just the right amount of salt.

Posted on the wall at Pure Tacos is a newspaper article featuring the owner, a Manhattan attorney, who has Celiac disease.

article posted on restaurant wall

My only criticism of the place is that it is small and there is no in house seating.It is not a big deal to sit outside on the benches along the boardwalk, but beware, the seagulls are adept at stealing food right off your plate! I witnessed several occasions from hot dogs to funnel cake swiping!

Did I miss Mack and Mango's pizza as well as Mallon's to die for sticky buns? Oh yeah, I used to love eating those foods. But it was wonderful to be able to indulge in some delicious Mexican fare at a friendly place without worry.

Check out Pure Tacos in Ocean City, New Jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment