Saturday, May 28, 2011

Buy Local

Saturday morning at the Farmer's market....is there any better way to begin Memorial Day weekend? Today will be my first visit since last year, and I can't wait! I love browsing the produce stands, chatting with the farmers and planning how I will use the vegetables for our meals.

Last year, I bought all my eggs at the market, but since they sell out quickly, I would have to go early! I enjoy the variety of eggs and feel better imagining the chickens running free on the farm.

The Waldorf Farmers Market is open from 8-1pm on Saturdays and from 3-6pm on Wednesdays. This year their location has changed. They are next to Petsmart at Festival Way on Berry Rd.

On Friday evenings, O'Donnell Lake, near Bostons, has a farmers market from 4-7pm.

 LaPlata's farmers market is at the courthouse year round~Sat. 8am-7pm and on Wed. 8am-7pm.

I bought kale, bok choy, eggs and a 4 pk of annuals. I have never cooked with bok choy before, but am going to try it in a stir-fry!

 Remember, what they have available to sell is what has been locally grown. Please do not ask them if they have any bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment