Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hope




Since I live in a climate that has very hot and humid summers, I have learned over the years not to "fight" with a plant to survive, but to purchase varieties that thrive in intense heat and sun. Sure, I can say that, but when browsing the beautiful flowers at the nursery in the spring, I always feel hopeful that the gorgeous verbena draping out of the container will surely do well this year....!

Some of my successes have been begonias, periwinkles, marigolds, and zinnias. I really do not like begonias and refused to buy them for years! But at the end of the summer, when my garden looked like DEATH, I would see begonias that were big and blooming and made a mental note to suck it up and buy them next year.

2 comments:

  1. Your yard is always beautiful. And I always know who to call for last minute herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I am a bit obsessed! We have a lot of parsley,mint, oregano and cilantro! Anytime, of course!

    ReplyDelete