Sunday, May 29, 2011

Food, Shelter and WATER!

I love bird watching! My mother always had a feeder outside our dining room window and would grab her Peterson everytime she wanted to identify a bird she did not recognize. I guess she passed that on to me. I remember standing in the field during softball practice pointing up at a passing flock of geese. That earned me the nickname, "Goose"!

In order to attract birds to your feeder, provide fresh birdseed in clean feeders, a variety of plants and  evergreens, and moving water! Birds love water and there is nothing more entertaining than watching them splash and hop around.

My husband built a pond a few years ago and installed a bubbler that sprays water gently. This female cardinal passed that over for the more vigorous waterfall and had a great time freshening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment