Monday, May 30, 2011

Gluten-Free Pizza at Pete's in DC

 I miss pizza.

Pizza is one of the hardest foods to live without after you go gluten-free. So today, when I ate an early birthday lunch at Pete's with my hubby in DC, I was so excited to try their gluten-free pizza. My husband's pizza looked and smelled awesome too, but of course, that was off limits for me!

                                             gluten-free pizza with artichokes and mushrooms

I am not sure why we haven't discovered Pete's. They have 3 locations in DC and make their own gluten free crusts. They also have gf pasta which I will try the next time we go.

                                                             flourless chocolate cake

I also splurged and had the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It is my birthday, after all, and I am not keen on baking my own gf cake that no one else in my family will touch. This cake was AMAZING! Moist, very full of chocolate flavor, and it did not taste gluten-free to me:).

No comments:

Post a Comment