Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cindie's Strawberry Spinach Salad with Walnuts and Poppy Seed dressing


ehappyhome.wordpress.com


My neighbor and friend, Cindie, shared this recipe with me a few weeks ago when we had an abundance of strawberries from the garden. She told me the dressing that goes with it was so delicious she could even drink it!

I made it for dinner on one of those hot and humid days. The kids could not get enough of this. My son and vegetables do not get along, but he loved this salad. 

I am thinking grilled chicken breast would be delicious with it too!

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Walnuts 

1-2 packaged baby spinach, washed and torn up
1 container fresh strawberries, sliced
chopped walnuts, to taste
1/2 cup chopped green onions 

1 lb chicken breast, grilled and cut into strips
(Optional)

Assemble salad and serve with poppy seed salad dressing

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

2 T sugar
2 T milk
1 T white wine vinegar
3 T mayo
1 T poppy seeds

Whisk dressing ingredients together and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment