Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Say Cheese!

Our vegetable garden
Our garden is coming along nicely. We have green tomatoes, leaf lettuce, snow peas, strawberries, basil, parsley, cilantro, oregano, and thyme. We have more than enough yield of strawberries and I made a delicious spinach salad using the berries, walnuts and spinach. Thanks, Cindie! ( I will post the recipe later)

green tomatoes

We also have a teeny, tiny zucchini growing and I can already smell the zucchini bread baking in the oven!

Zucchini
I have seen many hummingbirds and they are getting used to me photographing them! Those little birds are very territorial and will sometimes hover near me as if to ask, what am I doing on their turf?


Hummingbird

I have 2 hummingbird feeders and have them located in different areas of my yard. They will chase other hummers away, and I have yet to see more than one bird feeding at the same feeder.


It is amazing how long their beak is!

Female hummer sipping 

   When they are nearby, you can hear their wings and it sounds like a very large bumblebee!

Bumblebee on salvia

Speaking of bumblebees, they are busy creatures, for sure. Yesterday, I was practicing with my camera and was watching a few of them go from flower to flower. Very hard to capture a shot!

Bumblebee on marigold

              I have a very nice camera with a lot of bells and whistles that I am trying to learn to use.



Robin bathing

                                          How is your garden and what are you growing? 

                                          Please feel free to post photos and ideas!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment